Volunteer Data Scientists -- Please introduce yourself here

Hi, Alexander Zipf, Prof. for Geoinformatics at Heidelberg University and director of http://HeiGIT.org Working on (open) geoinformation, crowdsourcing, spatiotemporal modelling etc. esp. in context of humanitarian aid, health, disaster management, machine learning http://uni-heidelberg.de/gis http://github.org/GIScience

2 Likes

Hi all. My name is Wittawat (http://wittawat.com). I am a machine learning researcher. My areas of expertise include nonparametric hypothesis testing, two-sample testing, model evaluation, and model comparison. In simple terms, you give me two collections of data, or one collection and one model, and I will tell you if they match. Feel free to contact me if there is a chance that I may be able to help. Tools: Python and the usual Python software stack (numpy, scipy, Pytorch, …).

2 Likes

Hi, I’m a PhD student at MPI Tübingen working on natural language processing (NLP) in the medical domain. If you need to analyze textual data I am happy to contribute!

I also have also some experience with detecting cells in microscopy images (e.g. cancer cells) as well as time-series prediction.

Best, Fabian

1 Like

Hi, I am Mangal Prakash. I am PhD student at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics. I have experience working on image and signal analysis. I have worked with biological image datasets and I build and use tools from Computer Vision and Machine Learning to facilitate bio image analysis. This forum is a great effort in my opinion and I am looking forward contributing with image based data analysis for fighting COVID19

1 Like

Hey, my name is Boyko, and I am a Master student at the University of Heidelberg. I can work on Machine Learning/Data Analysis, Physics, and software. Happy to help in any way I can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am a computer scientist and board-certified radiologist working on image analysis and machine learning topics. Looking forward to serving as “glue” to facilitate projects between medicine and data science.

Computational Radiology

3 Likes

I’m Anne Carpenter, I lead a machine learning research group at the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, focused on image data for drug discovery. Thanks to the organizers for getting this up and running!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Jun Park, a PhD student in machine learning at MPI for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen. My interests are mostly theoretical (kernels, in particular), but I’d be happy to help in any way I can.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!
My name is Matej Zecevic and I’m a Master’s Student working on various things related to AI (e.g. Reinforcement Learning, Representation Learning) @ MPI for Intelligent Systems (from the same lab as Nasim from the 2nd comment) / TU Darmstadt.
Feel free to contact me, if I can help somehow.
All the Best!

2 Likes

Hi, I am a PhD student in machine learning at Heidelberg University. I work on image analysis with a focus on image segmentation and cell tracking. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Cheers,
Steffen

2 Likes

Hi all, I am Krikamol Muandet (http://krikamol.org/) from Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tuebingen, Germany. My research aims at bridging the gap between randomized experiments and observational studies and developing machine learning models that can generalize well in the real-world. I am not really an expert, but I might be able to help with problems related to the following topics:

• Causal inference in potential outcome framework
  • Econometrics
  • Kernel methods
2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am a postdoc in machine learning, focused mainly on reinforcement learning and probabilistic modeling.

Let me know if I can help!
Manuel

2 Likes

Hi All,

I am PhD student in Machine Learning.
I have experience working with Bio-Medical Image Analysis, in particular image segmentation.

Other than English, I am fluent in Italian. Happy to help translating between the two languages.

Ready to help!

Lorenzo

3 Likes

Hi all,
I am a PhD student at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen and the University of Cambridge. I have some experience in causal inference and machine learning and am happy to help. Feel free to reach out to me :slight_smile:
Julius

2 Likes

Bernhard Schölkopf - working on machine learning and causal inference and trying to help.

4 Likes

Hi all, I’m Arash. A Ph.D. student at MPI-IS-EI Tübingen and ETH Zürich. Working on machine learning, dynamical systems, and control theory. Also some past experience in machine vision and machine learning techniques for early-stage detection of Malaria disease from blood smears.
Tools: Python and a couple of its usual packages (scipy, sklean, pytorch, tensorflow) + matlab.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Sasha, a postdoc and director of scientific projects in AI for humanity at Mila AI Institute.
I work with lots of different people, notably in generative models, NLP and deep learning in general.

If you need help with anything at all, let me know!

3 Likes

I’m Jod, a data scientist working mainly on contents moderation tasks using machine learning (nlp). Statistics and Operation Research are my backgrounds. Nice to meet you all :blush:

2 Likes

Hi, this is Irina Rish - I am a professor at University of Montreal and a core member of Mila - Quebec AI Institute. I work on machine learning and its applications to neuroscience and biology, and co-lead a task force on AI against COVID-19 at Mila.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I’m Felix, a PhD student at the MPI-IS in the Empirical Inference department.
My background is in biophysics (running MD simulations), quantum computing (simulating trapped ions), and robotics (visuomotor control).
My current focus is on structured representation learning (especially from image data) and learning dynamics models. Python, and especially pytorch, is my main tool, but with a hint of julia - if the need arises.

1 Like