Volunteer Data Scientists -- Please introduce yourself here

Hi, I’m a Masters student at Syracuse University working on machine learning and computer vision. I have experience with imaging, mapping, and NLP along with lots of experience interpreting large data sets. Feel free to reach out to me if you have C-19 data you’d like interpreted.

1 Like

Hello, great initiative! I’m a data modeller with expertise in signal processing particularly detecting periodicity from time series (which could come in handy over the next 6months) and I also have a lot of experience extracting information from bio-imaging data using segmentation and tracking.

1 Like

Image analysis of microscopy image data with imageJ etc. R data wrangling and plotting with ggplot2. High content analysis. Image analysis automation. Scientific story telling.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Great initiative. I’am Ashar, postdoc data scientist at b-it, University of Bonn. I have experience is in Bayesian, Predictive and Graph models, have worked with patient data (-omics and clinical) and knowledge bases. I can code in R and Python. I would love to contribute in any way possible in our fight against Covid-19.
Take care and stay safe :hugs:
Ashar

1 Like

Hi. I primarily work in optimisation rather than machine learning; I work in optimising production schedules and also complex vehicle routing problems. I have a routing server that could be adapted relatively easily to help with distribution of medical supplies between health centers, or scheduling patients to minimise driving time and maximise patient time across groups of health workers etc. I also build apps in Flask and have experience with numpy/pandas and can set up postgres to help with any full-stack prototyping. Josh.

4 Likes

Very welcome @joshp ! Would you like to take responsibility for this: Request for help: Simple and safe software solutions for efficiently dispatching personnel
Please reply over there. Thanks!

CC @manuel.haussmann

1 Like

Hi.

I am a PhD student working on theoretical computer science at Johns Hopkins University. I have some experience in analyzing random processes in networks/graphs (in our case in cs theory the relevant topic is information dissemination). Similar processes could be used in order to come up with policies for targeted quarantines given a model of communication between people in a community. I also have experience in discrete optimization. I program in Java and C++.
http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~ynazari/

2 Likes

Hi,

I am a recent Post-PhD student, with a thesis on ecoimmunology. I’ve done a lot of data handling and analyses with GLMM-style modelling; I use R for all my analyses. I’m more of an ecologist and have a basic understanding of human immune systems. I’m pretty comfortable with GIS and basic spatial analyses. Can do DNA extractions and PCR among other lab work.

Let me know if I can help, I have time right now.

Michael
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=e7fRqawAAAAJ&hl=en

2 Likes

Hi,
My background is B.Sc. in Biotechnology and M.Sc. in Bioinformatics. I have experience with Python and R. Happy to help whatever I can! Coding, pipeline development, data analysis…

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Lidia and I’m a molecular biologist with immunology expertise. Currently unemployed I have been training in Data Science and Machine Learning since January to expand my data analysis knowledge and expertise. I mostly use Python but have some R knowledge too, and also have enxtensive experience with Excel and Spotfire.

Willing to put my knowledge to use and help with whatever possible.

2 Likes

Hi I’m a midwife with a PhD in epidemiology, with clinical experience in Nepal, DRC, Uganda, Canadian Arctic
Can be of help re questions:

-on maternal newborn clinical care/transmission/risks/outcomes to bridge data to the clinical context

-multilevel modeling of population data - nesting clustering

2 Likes

Academic and professional background: B.Sc. + M.Sc. Chemistry, PhD in Computational Chemistry, PostDoc in Computational Biophysics, 1 year Data Analyst, 3 years Data Scientist.

Technical skillset:

• Python (10 years experience)
  • Pandas
  • Scikit-Learn
  • Keras/Tensorflow
  • NLP (Gensim, spaCy, NLTK…)
  • PowerBI
  • SQL
  • PySpark

Experience with churn models, clustering, natural language processing, statistical analysis. Limited experience with image recognition.

I am definitely not a biologist or a medic, but I did take a biochemistry course during my B.Sc., and my PostDoc was focused on membrane proteins, so I am not 100% bio-illiterate - say 95% maybe: I can at least tell a polypeptide from a piece of DNA.

1 Like

Hi,
My background is B.Sc. in Biotechnology and M.Sc. in Bioinformatics. I have experience with Python and R. Happy to help whatever I can! Coding, pipeline development, data analysis…

1 Like

hello everyboby, i could possibly be a fish out of the pond here, but I this it is worth a try. my name is marco rusnati and I coordinate the work of the macromolecular interaction analysis unit at the university of Brescia (as a matter of fact currently one of the worst epicenter of coronavirus pandemic). I use to work in collaboration with bioinformatics mainly to validate experimentally computational prediction. to do so, we use surface plasmon resonance technology (and very recently thermophoresis) to characterize protein-protein and protein-sugar interaction.
M

2 Likes

Hi! I’m a PhD student at ETH working in computational biology. I apply ML and statistics in R and python to gain knowledge from complex biomedical data. Happy to help!

2 Likes

I’m a Biostatistician with >3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. I am enthusiastic about predictive model development for individual patient risk. I have experience in statistical modeling, machine learning and data visualization. Additionally, I have 3 years of experience in diagnostic test development.

Would love to help!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Takeshi.

Background:

• Ph.D. student in Machine Learning
  • B.Econ. (Econometrics)

Skills:

• Python

• R

• Web development (Ruby, PHP, JS, etc.)

• Matrix completion (Research-level)

• Domain adaptation (Research-level)

• Natural Language Processing (Engineering-level)

I’d love to help with any topic.

2 Likes

I’m a data scientist and engineer with a broad skill set. I’m willing to lend a hand with anything, including labeling, modeling, or coding.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Marie. I am a post-doctoral bioinformatician, working with single cell protein data analysis.
My background is applied mathematics engineering and a PhD in biomedical science. My skills are R, Python, and I have been working in system Biology, structural Biology and cancer research with clinical data analysis. I would be very happy to help with data analysis, modelling and programming skills.

2 Likes

Hi,
my name is Sarah and I am a master student in physics at the University Heidelberg.
I already worked for a year as a working student in the ML and Data Science area in an IT-company.
In my current position as a working student, I do a lot of data preprocessing and basic data analysis stuff.
I don’t have a strong scientific background like most of the participants here, but I’m good at Python programming and data preprocessing. I hope I can help somewhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes