Request for help: Simple and safe software solutions for efficiently dispatching personnel

Hi @fred.hamprecht and @joshp,

sorry for not providing a new update earlier, but I was still hoping for positive responses from our colleagues. Unfortunately, even though many colleagues are interested in using a software like this, due to their clinical obligations they do not have the time to support the set-up of the software.

If you have a team that is interested in supporting the project as kind of “community project”, that would be great. I am very confident that we will find colleagues that may assist in the implementation of a prototype once it is set up.

What do you think?

All the best,
Annika

Hi Annika,

Thanks for the response and the effort to source people. Ok, I will attempt to run this open-source with my initial plan.

My best wishes to you and your colleagues during this hectic time.

Josh

1 Like

Dear Josh,

that sounds great, please keep me updated about your efforts! In case I receive help offers, I’ll let you know!

I would be happy to share the prototype with our colleagues after set up.

All the best,
Annika

cc @AnnikaC @fred.hamprecht

Hi,

Just a quick update that I did actually get the ball rolling on this here: https://github.com/roganjoshp/covid-routine

Please do not share with colleagues (at least not to trial) yet, Annika, as I’ve only laid the groundwork to start tackling the problem. However, I just wanted you to know that this has started and is open to others.

Regards,

Josh

1 Like

Hi,

Apologies for the quiet. I’ve sourced feedback from lots of nurses in multiple countries and got a confusing picture of what this software might look like in practice, and how people could utilise it to get meaningful results. I think I have ironed the approach out now.

A few things:

• We have established a video conference for tomorrow, with a tentative time. Details are here. Please do attend if you have time, whether from a nursing perspective or software perspective; all input is useful. I appreciate that it’s a Saturday and on Easter weekend; if there’s a big reason for moving the initial meeting, then I can do that. Otherwise, I’m happy to do this again as needed.

• We have a chatroom for this on Stack Overflow here. It’s a subset of the main Python room where I will announce the video conference shortly. You can contact me (roganjosh) in SO chat pretty much any of the UK daytime but you’ll need at least 20 reputation on the site to be able to chat.

I will put together some slides and share here.

Regards,

Josh